We all love to eat Almonds and it is a perfect snack from health point of view. Its benefits in improving our HDL Cholesterol and heart health is well known. Medical Science has well documented its benefits for brain health documented. But do you know the benefits of almond go beyond just a healthy snack. In this blog, lets talk in detail about the benefits of almond oil and the important ingredients that make up this oil.
Chinese and Ayurvedic practices have used almonds oils from centuries for multiple benefits for the Skin. Also known as Badam Rogan, it is Almond Oil is nothing, but oil extracted from Sweet Almonds using cold pressed methodology. The benefits of using this Oil is much more than eating the Almond nuts. The benefits of Almond Oil are well known to our grandparents and their ancestors as this was one of the most popular oils used by them to soften the skin and treat wounds. Today its very common to find this oil as an essential ingredient in many of the cosmetic products.
Essential Ingredients in Cold Pressed Almond Oil
Almond oil is of two types – sweet and bitter Almond oil. Sweet Oil is better suited for the skin and our almond oil is made from sweet almonds. Following are the main nutrients in almond oil:
- Vitamin A: This contains an element called retinol that has the property of stimulating new skin cells besides helping to smoothen the fine lines of our face and skin.
- Vitamin E: This has antioxidant properties. This may help prevent skin cell damage and reduce ultraviolet (UV) damage to the skin by the sun.
- Omega-3 fatty acids:These help to prevent premature aging and safeguard against sun damage.
- Zinc: Zinc helps to heal Acne and other facial scars.
Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin
- Almond Oil for Healthy Skin: There are numerous benefits of almond oil in improving your facial skin health. It provides the essential nutrients to skin , helping it to stay soft and supple. Almond Oil also locks the needed moisture for the skin. It also prevents the pores from getting blocked.
- Almond Oil for Glowing Skin: Almond oil contains antioxidants that have amazing benefits for complexion and glow. If you want your skin to be naturally glowing, use of almond oil is recommended on a daily basis. Do massage your skin with it for a beautiful glowing face.
- Almond Oil for Dark Circles: Rubbing almond oil under your eyes before sleeping helps in reducing the dark circles.
- Anti Ageing: Anti Ageing effect of this oil is perhaps tops the lists of benefits. Daily use helps in keeping the skin fresh and youthful. As already discussed in last para, the vitamins and fatty acids help reverse the ageing of skin.
- Anti Acne: Fatty acid content in it helps to dissolve excess oil , while the retinoids reduces the appearance of acne and improve cell turnover.
- Anti Tanning: It is a natural sunscreen. It helps from tanning and skin burns, it also helps to protect the skin from harmful effects of the Sun.
- Treats dry skin. Almond oil has been used since time immemorial to treat dry skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis.
How to Use
- As a makeup remover: To use as a makeup remover, apply a small amount into your palm. Using your fingers, apply the oil to the areas where you want to remove makeup.Then, use cotton balls or warm water to remove the oil. Follow by washing your face with your favorite cleanser like sutatva face cleanser.
- As a cleanser: Almond oil has the ability to carry other essential oils more deeply into the skin.You can mix almond oil with an essential oil that’s known to benefit the skin. Be sure to test the essential oil on the inside of your elbow or wrist before applying to face.Add a few drops of the essential oil to each ounce of almond oil and mix well. Apply the oil mixture to damp skin and rinse with warm water. Because it’s an oil cleanser, you may need to rinse twice to remove any residue.
- As a moisturizer: You can also use almond oil as a moisturizing oil.To do so, wash and dry your skin as usual. Then, gently pat a small amount of almond oil, about half the size of a dime — onto your face with your fingertips, and let it absorb into your skin. If you’re using it as a moisturizer, you don’t need to rinse it off.
Benefits of Almond Oil for Hair
The benefits of almond oil are not limited to the skin alone, but its a good oil for the hair also. Its a great oil to apply when one wants to de-stress after a day of stress.
- Long and Thick Hair: Its a magic Liquid for hair. Massaging your hair helps to reduce hairfall and improves the quality of hair.
- Anti Dandruff: Almond oil removes the dead cells from the hair and helps keep the scalp clean as well. It is hence an effective anti-dandruff.
- Freedom from Split ends: Pollution causes a lot of damage to hair including split ends. Using this Oil with other oils such as olive and castor oil helps to strengthen the hair and get freedom from split ends.
Sutatva Cold Pressed Almond Oil has been prepared from the purest organic almonds extracted with cold pressed methods to preserve the essential ingredients. Please do connect with the Sutatva Customer Care team to know more on usage and including this in the daily regimen.