It’s your Day of a Job Interview. You are all dressed up in your best formals and there is an urge to scratch your head. What follows is a cascade of flakes on your beautiful Black Suit or Black Dress. Dandruff is one of the most common Hair and Skin Problem affecting 1 in every 5 People. Yet it is not easy to get rid of. We have known many customers who have lived with it for their entire lives. Anyone can Get Rid of Dandruff by following Natural remedies for Dandruff using Methods of Ayurveda. Before we talk of the solution lets understand what dandruff is, symptoms and causes.
When one talks of dandruff, most people focus on their flakes.While on the other hand, itching, may be the most uncomfortable side effect. So, what exactly is your itchy scratchy dry scalp trying to tell you?
Symptoms and Causes
The Exact cause of dandruff from a clinical standpoint is not clear. However as per Healthline here are some of the possible reasons
- Irritated & oily skin which is a condition known as seborrheic dermatitis (more severe form of dandruff).
- Not cleaning your scalp with shampoo/cleansers regularly, causing skin cells to accumulate creating flakes and causing itching.
- Yeast called malassezia, can also aggravate the scalp and result in excess skin cell growth
- Different personal care products can makes your scalp red and itchy.
Ayurveda and Dandruff
Ayurveda is very clear about Dandruff. According to Ayurveda, Darunak or dandruff is categorized as a Shudra Roga, one which is caused by an imbalance of all three doshas (Ayurvedic biohumors). The primary doshas that cause this problem are Kapha and Vata. While Kapha represents softness and stickiness, Vata can be dry and rough. In a more severe condition, the Vata-Kapha imbalance can cause impurities to accumulate in the deep tissues of the scalp causing this condition which is dry and sticky in nature.
Natural Remedies for Dandruff using Ayurveda
There are multiple changes to be made to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally and stay dandruff free.
Regular Massage & Cleaning with Chemical Free/Low Chemical Based Products:
- Clean hair regularly after massage with natural products is the top remedy for Dandruff. Use something like a Sutatva Sulfate Free Shampoo or Natural Hair Cleanser for cleansing. Cleansing with Low or No chemical shampoos can reduce other side effects seen with use of chemical based products.
- Massaging with curd (cured for at least 3 days).
- Massaging with few drops of Lime and Amla juice.
- Mix small amount of apple cider vinegar with an equal quantity of water. Dab this on your hair with cotton wool. Wash your hair after sometime of applying this.
Herbs, Oils and Natural Supplements:
- Essential oils on a base of organic aloe gel and/or honey is among the top home remedies for dandruff. You can use Healthy Root Hair Oil which has Amla, Kadipata, Kerala Onion extract digested In Sesame and Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids to balance your scalp’s moisture levels and is great at banishing fungal and bacterial growth. Healthy Root Hair Oil has been very effective even if one cannot do the below tips. One of the customers recently answered to a Question on Effectiveness of Sutatva cleansers/shampoos as a remedy for Dandruff in Quora and YouTube.
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) are one of the top natural remedies for dandruff. There are numerous ways of using fenugreek seeds for a clean healthy scalp. Use these seeds by soaking them overnight so the next morning they can be easily made into a paste. Additionally, one can also use fenugreek seed powder to create a paste. This fenugreek paste can be mixed with other herbs and oils like henna, yogurt, lime juice, etc.
- Lemon (Citrus Limon): Lemon makes a great homemade treatment due to its high antioxidant, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Massage it with or without Oils such as Sutatva Healthy Root Oil and wash it after an hour.
- Snake Gourd : To use snake gourd as a natural remedy, simply massage the juice to your scalp.
Avoid the following
- Spicy and greasy food as they increase the Pitta Dosha.
- Strong tea and coffee (caffeine) as well as refined foods.
- Tinned canned foods.
Take more of these:
- More vegetables and fruits to the diet as one must intake enough zinc, B-complex vitamins and essential fatty acids to keep dandruff at bay
- Detox with an all-fruit diet for around 2-3 days. Then slowly introduce cooked foods into your food.
- Fresh Food.
- Garlic is a great herbal remedy for dandruff as it contains a natural chemical called allicin
- Nuts and seeds are rich in anti dandruff nutrients such as fiber, zinc and vitamin B6
- Cobra Pose also called Bhujangaasana.
- Thunderbolt Pose also called Vajrasana.
- Downward Dog Pose as also called Adho MukhaSvanasana.
- Rubbing Nails also called Balayam Yoga.
- Wheel Pose also called Chakrasana.
- Chinmudra or Gyan Mudra.
So go ahead and take your first steps to cure Dandruff Naturally using the Natural Remedies for Dandruff discussed in this blog.